Thursday, July 5, 2007

Clay's King of the Boulder Mtn

We've been trying without success for a while now to make a tough uphill at the base of the link trail to the Betasso Loop. Clay made it this morning at the beginning of the ride, then again after we did the loop. I kept trying but couldn't get it done, which is good motivation. We've only seen one other guy make it, and the large majority don't even make it half way up.

We're going to Breckenridge tomorrow and will hit a new trail on Saturday. Should be fun.

Is Anthony gettin' out on the bike at all? How'd the tubeless tire thing work out, Curt?

3 comments:

Curt said...

The tubeless tire thing is going good. I should have weighed my complete wheels with tires on before and after, but when you're working on a project sometimes it's a pain in the ass to throw in extra unnecessary details. Maybe it's placebo effect but my bike feels like it accelerates a little faster. A guy told me once that a pound of wheel weight is the same as 6 pounds of dead weight. He seemed to know a lot about everything though, but I agree that cutting down rotational weight is the most important kind of weight reduction. Yeah, they stay pumped up. Feel real good on the trail too now that I've got a good feel for how much air pressure to put in them. I go about 18 pounds in the front and 30 in the rear. Cornering feels so much better with way low pressure in the front. I might start putting a little more in the rear, like 35.

ahawkley said...

i've been riding to work a bit - about 3 times a week.
curt's tubeless system is pretty sweet - I think I may try it mayself.
it's hard to make it out on a trail these days, but maybe i'll get around to it sometime. I like you guys' videos.

dan said...

cool. I'd like to check out the tubeless system ... I don't get how it works.

I finally made the Betasso link uphill this morning so now I'm as cool as Clay again.