Monday, August 6, 2007

New Crankset?


What's up mtn biking brothers? I have determined I need to get a new crankset for my bike. I was riding to work the other day and stopped at a stop light. I did not clip out of my pedals because I wanted to look like a bad-ass.

That was going well until the light turned green and I put some force behind the pedals. My chain slipped/fell off and I tipped over in the road. I went from bad to just plain ass in seconds. Since then, I have had a lot of slipping on the middle ring so I am going to replace it.

Any suggestions?

Curt, do you have the tools/know how for doing the switcheroo?


Anthony

2 comments:

dan said...

funny story. I don't know anything about cranksets.

Curt said...

haha, loser.

Sounds like you don't really need a new crankset but you need a new middle chainring. But, on the other hand, any excuse to get cool new stuff for your bike is a good excuse.

I've got the stuff to put a new crankset on your bike but there's different types of cranksets and bottom brackets. I've only got the stuff for what they call, lets see, what do they call it? All the companies call it something different but it's the best and I know what it is when I see it.

I'll come over and give you a consultaion.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I hadn't blogged for a couple days.